- Bus schedules will be available on the PSD transportation website beginning in early August. Transportation Services may offer alternative transportation services to students who have special situations including daycare, split families, and transportation to/from locations other than home. This will also be found on the PSD Transportation website. Please start the process of applying as early as June 1 for approval for a spot on a different bus when school starts.
- Access morning and afternoon bus stop information here.
- Route numbers identify buses.
- Students will determine their morning and afternoon bus based on the route number.
In some cases, the route number for your child’s morning bus will be different than the route number for your child’s afternoon bus.
The route number will be posted in the window closest to the entrance door of each bus.
- Cards/labels help students determine correct bus:
To help students learn their route numbers, elementary and middle school students will be given a card/label when they get off of their morning bus at the beginning of the school year. The card/label will have their morning bus route number and the afternoon bus route number and should aid students in finding the correct bus in the afternoon.
The card can be carried by the student until they remember their route numbers.
- Please encourage your child to ride the bus the first day of school so they can learn the system. School staff members, bus drivers, and additional transportation staff will help guide students to the correct buses the first couple days of school to familiarize students with the process. If you have questions about bus routes, please contact the PSD transportation department at 970-490-3232 or visit the PSD transportation website.
- Learn more about one-time bus passes.
ONLY STAFF VEHICLES AND BUSSES ALLOWED BEHIND THE SCHOOL FROM 7AM - 3PM.
Morning traffic pattern at Preston Middle School:
- See map HERE to view Morning Traffic Pattern
All parent drop offs need to enter at the front north entrance to the school. It is a one-way entrance so two lanes can be formed. Please do not block the crosswalk at the entrance as you are waiting to enter coming from the north. The right lane continues along the sidewalk to the front of the school and then back out the south entrance. The left lane turns into the middle parking row or the east parking row. Students will exit their cars and use the crosswalk to get to the front of the school. If all students are prepared and ready to exit the vehicle when stopped, this will help alleviate the long lines. All cars will then merge and exit out the south entrance.
Note: Between 7:20am and 8:05am all cars will turn right (south) on Corbett Dr. No parent drop off is allowed behind the school in the morning as buses drop off in back in the morning. See Picture of Right Turn only Stop Sign HERE.
OVERALL MAP HERE TO VIEW MORNING EXIT OPTIONS
You can go south to Rock Creek Dr. and then turn left to access Ziegler Rd., right to access Timberline Rd., or continue south to Kechter Rd. to go east or west. (See Diagram # 3)
Please keep in mind that this traffic situation will be worsened on bad weather and cold days as more parents drive students. Please get them on the bus or have them walk or ride their bikes most of the time.
Afternoon traffic pattern:
SEE MAP HERE TO VIEW AFTERNOON TRAFFIC PATTERN
All buses are lined up to the rear of Preston for the Afternoon Dismissal. Parents can park on Corbett or in the Preston lot if there is room. Please do not park and wait or in the Handicapped spots or park and wait behind other parked vehicles in the lot. The direct lane nearest to the front of the school will be closed to all vehicle traffic from 2:20 through 2:45 to create a safe zone for students walking and on bicycles or skateboards. After that time, cars are welcome to come in along the red curb for student pickup.
Note: Between 2:30pm and 3:00pm all cars will turn right (south) on Corbett Dr. Parent drop off and pick up behind the school after 3:00pm will be allowed except during athletic events. View Right Turn Stop Sign HERE
Athletic and special events parking:
Due to the need for emergency vehicle access in case of injury, there will be no parking behind the school during athletic or special events. The only exceptions will be made for handicapped and elderly spectators. There is parking in the front lot after hours and along Harvest Park Lane to the south of Harmony Park. The lot at Traut Elementary is also available for parking but keep in mind that they get out at 3:05pm, parents will be occupying the street and lot there for pickup. Please time your arrival for athletic events accordingly
Please utilize the legal parking along the streets in the neighborhood and surrounding areas as well as the Traut Elementary parking lot. Please check the Traut calendar for any conflicting events. If you are not legally parked or are in a fire/red zone or a handicapped area, you can be cited for these violations. Plan to arrive early and walk some distance to the school. You can drop off in front of the school but will need to park elsewhere. Each class has 350-400 students so if mom and dad can car pool with grandparents, aunts/uncles, it will reduce the number of cars significantly for these events
Drop off and pickup during the school day:
If you need to come in to the school during the day, please do not leave your car directly in front of the school. Park in the parking lot only.
City of Fort Collins Bus Changes
For several years, the City of Fort Collins Transfort Department has been able to offer youth mobility throughout Fort Collins at no cost in thanks to a grant from the Bohemian Foundation. Because the free youth fare is so valuable, youth will be required to present a valid form of ID in order to ride the bus. The great news for PSD students is that the PSD Student ID card will meet that requirement! Visit fcgov.com/transfort for more information.