Welcome to the Preston Middle School Athletic Page!
ATHLETIC COMPETITION SCHEDULES - CLICK HERE
Every student athlete must have a current signed doctor's physical form on file to participate in any athletic practice or event. Physicals are valid for one calendar year from the date it was signed by the doctor. Summer is a great time to get a completed physical form signed by your doctor. It will then be good for the entire school year should your student to decide to participate in any athletics at Preston. See the link below for Middle School Sports Forms.
Medical Physicals Can be Obtained at your own Physicians Office or at:
The Health and Wellness Center at Centennial High School
330 East Laurel Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524
Click HERE for Clinic Infromation
SPORTSMANSHIP: A NOTE FROM THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
Sports provide an opportunity for middle school athletes to learn some of the most important lessons in life: cooperation, grit, determination, teamwork, excellence, growth mindset, handling disappointment and sportsmanship. This year, Poudre School District Athletics will be presenting a SPORTSMANSHIP AWARD to the top scoring middle school: the school whose leadership, athletes, coaches, staff, parents and fans has exhibited excellence in sportsmanship. Judging will be accomplished by an anonymous, select, expert panel who will be present during competitions throughout the fall and winter sports seasons. Officials, as well, will be asked to report any unsportsmanlike conduct of coaches, players, parents and fans. For detailed information about the PSD 2015-16 Sportsmanship Award, click here. Let's work together to make sportsmanship a priority for Preston Athletics this year! Sportsmanship: Character Under Pressure!
Competition Parking: UPDATE (July 29, 2015)
To ensure access for emergency vehicles to the gym doors and sports fields (softball, lacrosse, football, other), there can be no parking in unmarked areas in the back or west drive behind Preston at any time. Parking is available in the front Preston lot by Corbett Drive, in the lot at Traut Elementary off Timberwood Drive, and at Harmony Park.
Preston Athletics Department Staff
|Athletics Director||Bill Saintemail@example.com|
|Athletics Secretary||Brenda Meierfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Basketball, volleyball, and golf are tryout sports. Tryouts are typically conducted the first week of practice and cuts are made mid-week (often Wednesday) and later (Thursday or Friday).
- Middle School Sports Forms Note: A sports physical form signed by a doctor is required before a student can participate in any practices. Physicals are valid for one calendar year for all sports a student participates in during that year.
- Sports participation fees are $82/per sport for athletes in grades 6-8 with a family maximum of $330 per year. Participation fees are $124/sport for home-schooled, private school and charter school students participating on PSD athletic teams. These students must provide proof of residency prior to placement. Please contact the District Athletic Director at 970.490.3106 for more information.
- Condition for Refund
- Condition for Refund
- Student Accident, Injury & Sickness Insurance - Click HERE for PSD information.
6th Grade Sports:
Most sports for 6th grade middle school students are offered through the City of Fort Collins Recreation Department. Find details on the website http://www.fcgov.com/sports/
6th grade students can participate in the following sports at Preston Middle School:
- 6th grade cross country. Visit the cross country page for full details.
- 6th grade track. Visit the track page for full details.
- 6th grade golf. Visit the golf page for full details.