Welcome to the Preston Middle School Athletic Page!
ATHLETIC COMPETITION SCHEDULES - CLICK HERE
All athletes need a Permit to Practice Card (Blue Card) from the office PRIOR to practice. You must REGISTER ONLINE before you will recieve a Blue Card.
- REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS
- THE COST PER SPORT IS $TBD BY THE DISTRICT FOR THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR
- $TBD - home based, private or charter school students 6 - 8th grade
- No family maximum
If your student requires Emergency and Rescue Medications CLICK HERE
Poudre School District offers a comprehensive athletic program for students at the middle school level. All middle school athletic programs are open to any student in 7th-8th grade who have completed the Participation Forms including current physical and fees. See each sport page for more information.
- Fall Sports: Boys and Girls Cross Country - August 22,2018 - October 6, 2018 (6, 7 & 8th grade - no cut sport), Football - August 22, 2018 - October 20, 2018 (7 & 8th Grade - no cut sport), Boys and Girls Tennis - August 22, 2018 - October 4, 2018 (7 & 8th grade, combined - no cut sport), Volleyball - August 22, 2018 - October 13, 2018 ( 7 & 8th grade - cut sport )- 1st day of Practice for fall sports Starts August .
- Winter Sports: Boys Basketball - 1st Day of Practice: October 22, 2018 - December 13,2018 (7 & 8th grade - cut sport), Girls Basketball - 1st Day of Practice: January 8, 2019 - March 7, 2019 (7 & 8th grade - cut sport), Wrestling - 1st Day of Practice: January 14, 2019 - March 2, 2019 (7 & 8th grade combined - no cut sport)
- Spring Sports: Softball - 1st Day of Practice: March 4, 2019 - April 27, 2019 (7 & 8th grade - no cut sport) , Boys Golf & Girls Golf - 1st Day of Practice: March 25, 2018 - May 10, 2019 (6,7 & 8th grade combined - cut sport), Boys and Girls Track & Field - 1st Day of Practice April 8, 2019 - may 21, 2019 (6, 7 & 8th grade combined - no cut sport).
Sixth-grade students may participate in cross country, golf and track and field at their schools. For all other sports at the 6th grade level, programming is offered through the City of Fort Collins Recreation.
Athlete Eligibility: In an effort to promote the development of student-athletes, and with the education of the whole child in mind, the eligibility process is designed to maximize student opportunities to excel in the classroom and athletics. Academic standard of 1.49 or better in each class must be met. Student must also meet citizenship and attendance standards per the Preston Athletic eligibility guide.
Pre-Season Camp: Pre-season camps are voluntary and have no bearing on making the team. Camps may last in duration of 5 days or less and may be held the week prior to the 1st day of practice. Please check the Preston website for more information regarding pre-season camps.
Game/Competition Schedules: All middle school sports schedules can be found at the following website www.poudreschooldistrictathletics.org - Download the mobile app rschooltoday from either Google Play or ITunes App Store.
Team Apparel: Athletes will be provided a uniform to wear for all conpetitions. Each individual sport/coach will open an online window for athletes to purchase sport spepcific team apparel.
Medical Physicals Can be Obtained at your own Physicians Office OR at:
The Health and Wellness Center at Centennial High School
330 East Laurel Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524
Click HERE for Clinic Infromation
Call to schedule an appointment.
To ensure access for emergency vehicles to the gym doors and sports fields (softball, lacrosse, football, other), there can be no parking in unmarked areas in the back or west drive behind Preston at any time. Parking is available in the front Preston lot by Corbett Drive, in the lot at Traut Elementary off Timberwood Drive, and at Harmony Park.
Preston Athletics Department Staff
|Athletics Director||Bill Saintemail@example.com|
|Athletics Secretary||Brenda Meierfirstname.lastname@example.org|