- Bus schedules will be available on the PSD transportation website beginning in early August. Transportation Services may offer alternative transportation services to students who have special situations including daycare, split families, and transportation to/from locations other than home. This will also be found on the PSD Transportation website. Please start the process of applying as early as June 1 for approval for a spot on a different bus when school starts.
- Access morning and afternoon bus stop information here.
- Route numbers identify buses.
- Students will determine their morning and afternoon bus based on the route number.
In some cases, the route number for your child’s morning bus will be different than the route number for your child’s afternoon bus.
The route number will be posted in the window closest to the entrance door of each bus.
- Cards/labels help students determine correct bus:
To help students learn their route numbers, elementary and middle school students will be given a card/label when they get off of their morning bus at the beginning of the school year. The card/label will have their morning bus route number and the afternoon bus route number and should aid students in finding the correct bus in the afternoon.
The card can be carried by the student until they remember their route numbers.
- Please encourage your child to ride the bus the first day of school so they can learn the system. School staff members, bus drivers, and additional transportation staff will help guide students to the correct buses the first couple days of school to familiarize students with the process. If you have questions about bus routes, please contact the PSD transportation department at 970-490-3232 or visit the PSD transportation website.
- Learn more about one-time bus passes.
ONLY STAFF VEHICLES AND BUSSES ALLOWED BEHIND THE SCHOOL FROM 7AM - 3PM.
Morning traffic pattern at Preston Middle School:
Student drop offs need to enter at the Northeast entrance to the school. It is a one-way entrance so two lanes can be formed. Please do not block the crosswalk at the entrance as you are waiting to enter. The right lane continues along the sidewalk to the front of the school. The left lane will have to turn into the middle or East aisle. The students will exit their cars and use the crosswalk to get to the front of the school. If all students are prepared and ready to exit the vehicle when stopped, this will help alleviate the long lines. All cars will then merge and exit out the Southeast entrance.
Between 7:40 and 8:15 all cars will turn right (South) on Corbett Dr. No drop offs are allowed behind the school in the morning as that is for busses and staff.
You can go South to Rock Creek Dr. and then turn left to access Ziegler Rd., right to access S. Timberline Rd., or continue straight to Kechter Rd. to then go East or West.
Please keep in mind that this traffic situation will be worsened on bad weather days as more parents drive students. Walking and biking to school are allowed.
Afternoon traffic pattern:
Parents can park on Corbett Dr. or in the Preston parking lot if there is space. Other pick up location options include Harmony Park or near the retaining pond on Harvest Park Ln. This is South of the school. Please do not wait behind other parked vehicles in the parking lot.
Between 2:50pm and 3:25pm all cars will turn right (south) on Corbett Dr. Due to the need for emergency vehicle access, there will be no parking behind the school during athletic or special events; although exceptions will be made for handicapped and elderly spectators.
The parking lot is available after hours as well as parking along Harvest Park Ln. During events, the parking lot at Traut Elementary is also available but keep in mind they exit school at 3:05pm. Their pick up pattern will be occupying Timberwood Dr. and the parking lot. Please time your arrival for athletic events accordingly.
Athletic and special events parking:
Please utilize the legal parking along the streets in the neighborhood and surrounding areas as well as the Traut Elementary Parking lot. Please check the Traut calendar for any conflicting events. If you are not legally parked, in a fire/red zone, or a handicapped area you can be cited for these violations. You can drop off in front of the school but will need to park elsewhere. Each class has 350-400 students so if family can carpool, it will significantly reduce the number of vehicles for these events.
Drop off and pickup during the school day:
If you need to come in to the school during the day, please do not leave your car directly in front of the school. Park in the parking lot only.
City of Fort Collins Bus Changes
For several years, the City of Fort Collins Transfort Department has been able to offer youth mobility throughout Fort Collins at no cost in thanks to a grant from the Bohemian Foundation. Because the free youth fare is so valuable, youth will be required to present a valid form of ID in order to ride the bus. The great news for PSD students is that the PSD Student ID card will meet that requirement! Visit fcgov.com/transfort for more information.