Welcome to the Preston Volleyball Page!
Middle School Athletics Update
With the health and wellbeing of student-athletes, coaches and the community in mind, the middle school athletic seasons will be suspended until March 1, 2021. If circumstances allow, the spring sports seasons that include softball, track and field, golf, and unified basketball will be conducted as previously planned.
If State, County, and PSD COVID guidelines and restrictions were to change, allowing sports to be safely played before March 1st, that option will remain a possibility.
Cross Country, Football, Tennis, Girls and Boys Basketball, and Wrestling Season will not be held this school year.
Preston Students: $120.00 Non Preston Students: $132.00
Non-Preston Students: *Home school students or students who attend a school that does not offer middle school athletics will be placed upon request per the PSD Placement Guidelines. Interested parents must contact the PSD Athletic office at 970-490-3332 to request formal athletic placement.
A BLUE CARD is needed to turn into coach before the season begins. How to get a BLUE CARD:
- Please REGISTER ONLINE with SPORTS ENGINE. Please read registration page carefully.
- Pay the fee on School Pay at the end of the registration process or payment can be made in the front office.
- Turn in a Physical signed by your students physician to the front office. Physicals are required before camps or the first day of practice.
- Please contact the coach or Athletic Secretary at 488-7351 for more information.
- If your student requires Emergency and Rescue Medication CLICK HERE.
- PSD Athletic Page HERE
Summer Training Opportunities
(If Season is Opened by PSD)
Open Gyms: Athletes who are interested in trying out for the volleyball team are welcome to join for skill training and game play
August 13th: 3:00 - 5:00pm
August 14th: 3:00 - 5:00pm
7th & 8th Grade Tryout Information
7th Grade Coach: TBD 8th Grade Coach: Laura Barnes
Optional Pre-Tryout Meeting:
The purpose of this meeting is for parents and athletes who have questions about the try-out process and questions/ concerns about the registration process required prior to tryouts
Date: Thursday August 13th 3:30pm- 4:00pm.
- Dates: August 17th, 18th, and 19th
- Times: 3:15pm - 5:00pm
- Requirements: Athletes must give a BLUE CARD to coaches prior to tryouts
- See registration steps at the top of this page
Good luck to all during tryouts. Do your best, work hard, and HAVE FUN!
Practices: Everyday from 3:15pm - 5:05pm
1st Practice is on Thursday, August 20th
16 players will be selected for each grade level
Practice starts Promptly at 3:15 pm every day
Bring a water bottle, practice clothes, knee pads, and athletic shoes every day
Game Schedule can be found on Sports Engine
Varsity games @ 3:30 pm (Matches - best 2 out of 3 sets to 25 points, 3rd set to 15 points)
Junior Varsity games follow directly after varsity matches (2 sets to 25 points)
Parent /Athlete & Coaches Meeting for athletes who make the team:
7th Grade: TBA
8th Grade: August 20th 5:00pm - 5:30pm in the Puma Cafeteria
|Athletic Director||Bill Saintemail@example.com|