Welcome to the Preston Volleyball Page!
(Changes possible with consideration to COVID-19. Read more HERE)
Fall Sports Announcement:
Notice from Russ McKinstry - PSD Director of Athletics
We have decided to pause middle school athletics at this time with the goal of hopefully offering a modified season for all ten sports after the holiday break beginning in early January. We are deeply saddened by this, but our number 1 priority is the health and safety of our students.
Please contact Preston Middle School if you have questions. 970-488-7351
Preston Students: $120.00 Non Preston Students: $132.00
Non-Preston Students: *Home school students or students who attend a school that does not offer middle school athletics will be placed upon request per the PSD Placement Guidelines. Interested parents must contact the PSD Athletic office at 970-490-3332 to request formal athletic placement.
A BLUE CARD is needed to turn into coach before the season begins. How to get a BLUE CARD:
- Please REGISTER ONLINE with SPORTS ENGINE. Please read registration page carefully.
- Pay the fee on School Pay at the end of the registration process or payment can be made in the front office.
- Turn in a Physical signed by your students physician to the front office. Physicals are required before camps or the first day of practice.
- Please contact the coach or Athletic Secretary at 488-7351 for more information.
- If your student requires Emergency and Rescue Medication CLICK HERE.
- PSD Athletic Page HERE
Summer Training Opportunities
(If Season is Opened by PSD)
Open Gyms: Athletes who are interested in trying out for the volleyball team are welcome to join for skill training and game play
August 13th: 3:00 - 5:00pm
August 14th: 3:00 - 5:00pm
7th & 8th Grade Tryout Information
7th Grade Coach: TBD 8th Grade Coach: Laura Barnes
Optional Pre-Tryout Meeting:
The purpose of this meeting is for parents and athletes who have questions about the try-out process and questions/ concerns about the registration process required prior to tryouts
Date: Thursday August 13th 3:30pm- 4:00pm.
- Dates: August 17th, 18th, and 19th
- Times: 3:15pm - 5:00pm
- Requirements: Athletes must give a BLUE CARD to coaches prior to tryouts
- See registration steps at the top of this page
Good luck to all during tryouts. Do your best, work hard, and HAVE FUN!
Practices: Everyday from 3:15pm - 5:05pm
1st Practice is on Thursday, August 20th
16 players will be selected for each grade level
Practice starts Promptly at 3:15 pm every day
Bring a water bottle, practice clothes, knee pads, and athletic shoes every day
Game Schedule can be found on Sports Engine
Varsity games @ 3:30 pm (Matches - best 2 out of 3 sets to 25 points, 3rd set to 15 points)
Junior Varsity games follow directly after varsity matches (2 sets to 25 points)
Parent /Athlete & Coaches Meeting for athletes who make the team:
7th Grade: TBA
8th Grade: August 20th 5:00pm - 5:30pm in the Puma Cafeteria
|Athletic Director||Bill Saintemail@example.com|